The King County Caregiver Support Network helps unpaid caregivers of adults age 18 and older. By helping to reduce caregiver stress, the network enables care receivers to remain at home and independent. The King County Caregiver Network comprises service providers who receive funding from the Area Agency on Aging for Seattle-King County to provide community-based support.
- 18 years or older and caring for an older adult or an adult with a disability.
- The primary caregiver.
- Not paid for caregiving.
One size definitely does not fit all. The King County Caregiver Support Network tailors support services to the unique needs of unpaid caregivers. Our specialists know what resources are available in Seattle and King County.
Services may include:
- Referrals to local support groups, counseling, and other resources.
- Training on specific caregiving topics.
- Advice on use of supplies and equipment.
- Practical information and caregiving suggestions.
- Respite care, if you need a break.
Most services are free. Respite care is available on a sliding-fee scale.
- King County Caregiver Support Network Providers
- Free Consultations
- Department of Social & Health Services (DSHS) Caregiver Resources
- Other Resources